[buy CDs/DVDs online]
In the 1990s
late 1989 || German 7"/12"/CDM || Novemberkinder: Wir sind grenzenlos |
Wir sind grenzenlos (Single Version) 4.31 / Wir sind grenzenlos (Instrumental) 4.29 (7": Virgin, 112 995)
Written and produced by by Giorgio Moroder & Michael Kunze.
- Wir sind grenzenlos (Maxi Version) 6.09
- Wir sind grenzenlos (Single Version) 4.31
- Wir sind grenzenlos (Instrumental) 4.29 (CD-maxi: 662 995)
1990 || European LP/CD || NOVEMBERKINDER: GRENZENLOS |
Produced by Giorgio Moroder and Michael Kunze. Thanks to Giovanni Pusterla for the information.
- Wir sind grenzenlos 4.31 (Moroder/Kunze)
- Andere Zeiten 3.27 (Moroder/Kunze)
- Ein Stein im Strom [Turn the Stone] 3.56 (Moroder-Bellotte-Kunze/AXXIS)
- Gebt der Freiheit eine Chance 3.36 (Moroder/Kunze)
- Für diese Welt 3.57 (Moroder/Kunze)
- Hand in Hand 4.03 (Moroder/Whitlock/Kunze)
- Keine Angst vor grossen Tieren 3.40 (Moroder/Kunze)
- Alle macht den Traumen [Neverending Story] 3.37 (Moroder/Forsey/Kunze)
- Ich hab' bei dir ein Licht geseh'n 3.05 (Moroder/Kunze)
- Wir sind grenzenlos (Instrumental Version) 4.31 (Moroder/Kunze) (Virgin 210 549-630)
1990 || European LP/CD || KOREANA: LIVING FOR LOVE |
'Living For Love' and 'One In A Million' produced by Giorgio Moroder.
- Living for Love 4.41 [Giorgio Moroder/Tom Whitlock]
- You Are My Heart 5.32 [Giorgio Moroder/Tom Whitlock]
- One In a Million 3.01 [Giorgio Moroder/Tom Whitlock] (CD: Polydor 843 036)
1990 || European 7"/12"/CDM || Koreana: Living for Love |
All songs written by Moroder/Whitlock. Produced by Moroder at Oasis Recording Studio, Universal City, USA.
Engineered and mixed by Steve Bates. Synclavier programming by Brian Banks. Thanks to Colin Linskey and Curtis Malone for the information.
- Living for Love (Extended Version) 6.02
- One in a Million (Extended Version) 5.23
- Living for Love (Single Version) 4.41
- One in a Million (Single Version) 3.01 (CD-maxi: Polydor, 873 727-2)
7 June 1990 || Japanese (+ International) CD/LP || SEIKO: SEIKO |
Only track 9 (co-written and) produced by Giorgio Moroder.
Fumito Murakami gave me this info: "Seiko is a Japanese female singer and she's really a big star in Japan.
She had 24 consecutive No.1 hits (!!!) during 1980-1988 and is still a big
star. She has made her world debut twice. First she made her debut for
CBS/Sony Record in 1990 but she couldn't make a big success and then she
changed her record companiy and again she made her second world debut for
Polydor last year. The album mentioned above is the first one. Her second
debut album doesn't involve any contributions from Moroder's."
- All the Way To Heaven (M. Jay/M. Cruz) [produced by Michael Jay]
- He's So Good To Me (I. Klarmann/F. Weber) [produced by Maurice Starr]
- Leave It Up To Fate (Secada/Perez-Feria/Duncan) [produced by Estefan/Casas/Ostwald]
- The Right Combination (M. Jay/M. Cruz) [produced by Maurice Starr]
- Goodbye My Baby (Estefan/Mulet) [produced by Estefan/Casas/Ostwald]
- Who's That Boy (R. Goodrum/G. Ballard) [produced by Jellybean]
- With Your Love (M. Starr) [produced by Maurice Starr]
- Everybody Feels Alright (M. Morejon) [produced by Estefan/Casas/Ostwald]
- Halfway To Heaven (T. Whitlock/G. Moroder) [produced by Giorgio Moroder]
- Try Gettin' over You (M. Bolton/D. James) [produced by Phil Ramone] (Japanese CD: CBS/Sony CSCL 1090)
Summer 1990 || European LP/CD || GIORGIO MORODER PROJECT: TO BE NUMBER ONE |
All music by Giorgio Moroder and all lyrics by Tom Whitlock unless otherwise noted.
- To Be Number One (Summer 1990) 4.11 [lyrics by Bennato/Nannini/Whitlock]
- That's Enough 4.35 [lyrics by Paul Engemann]
- Take Me Home 4.05
- The Rhythm of Love 4.35
- 'Til the End of Time 4.35
- Feel the Thunder 3.35 [music by Oscar Prudente; lyrics and vocals by Paul Engemann]
- Love Will Find a Way 4.48
- Bad Boy 4.25
- Beautiful Day 4.42 [vocals by Paul Engemann]
- Break the Rules 4.18 [CD bonus track]
- To Be Number One (Summer 1990) 5.49 [extended version] [CD bonus track]
- Un 'Estate Italiana 4.07 [lyrics by Bennato/Nannini/Whitlock] (LP: Virgin 210 764; CD: 260 764)
Summer 1990 || European/UK 7"/12"/CDM || Giorgio Moroder Project: To Be Number One |
To Be Number One (Summer 1990) 4.12 / Sing-Along Version 4.27 (German 7": Virgin, 113 021)
- To Be Number One (Summer 1990) extended 5.50
- To Be Number One (Summer 1990) single 4.12
- To Be Number One (Summer 1990) Sing-Along Version 4.27
- To Be Number One (Summer 1990) Guitar Version 4.27 (German CD-maxi: 663 021; 12": 613 021)
20 July 1990 || US/German various artists soundtrack CD/LP || NAVY SEALS |
1 and 4 were written by Giorgio Moroder, Tom Whitlock, Larry Lee and Steve Bates, and produced by Giorgio Moroder and Larry Lee.
- Strike Like Lightning (Mr. Big)
- The Boys Are Back in Town (Bon Jovi)
- Hardline (Richie Havens)
- Shadows (Mr. Big)
- The Dragon (Gowan)
- Hangin' on My Hip (Lou Gramm)
- I Don't Want to Say Goodnight (Planet 3)
- Wounded Warrior (Vicki Thomas)
- Tempt Me (If You Want To) (Lisa Hartman)
- Try (Blue Rodeo) (US CD: Atlantic 7 82125-2)
12 Oct 1990 || European/Japanese various artists soundtrack CD/LP || THE NEVERENDING STORY II |
These 5 tracks produced by Giorgio Moroder.
- Giorgio Moroder: Dreams We Dream 4.23 (Moroder/Whitlock)
- Giorgio Moroder: Heaven's Just a Heartbeat 4.10 (Moroder/Whitlock)
- Giorgio Moroder: The Neverending Story 3.29 (Keith Forsey)
- Giorgio Moroder: Dreams We Dream (Instrumental) 4.27 (Moroder/Whitlock)
- Giorgio Moroder: The Neverending Story (Reprise) 0.54 (Moroder) (European CD: WEA 9031-72925-2)
1990 || German various artists CD || GET IT - DIE BESTEN SONGS AUS DER RTL PLUS-WERBUNG |
Dan Magnusson told me about this CD, containing 16 songs by various artists used in commercials.
Giorgio's contribution was a commercial for Nivea Shampoo.
- Giorgio Moroder: Feel It 4.24 (Edelton, EDL 2530-2)
1991 || UK/German CDM/7"/12" || Mr Big: Green Tinted Sixties Mind |
- Green Tinted Sixties Mind
- Drilled & Confused ~ Take a Walk (Live)
- Shadows (German CD-maxi: Atlantic A7702CD)
Green Tinted Sixties Mind 3.30 / Shadows 3.32 (UK 7": Atlantic, 7567-87702-7)
"Shadows" written by Giorgio Moroder/Tom Whitlock/Larry Lee/Steve Bates, produced by Giorgio Moroder and Larry Lee.
Thanks to Dan Magnusson for the information.
1 May 1991 || European CD/LP || SABRINA: OVER THE POP |
Produced by Giorgio Moroder. Thanks to Dan Magnusson for the information.
- Shadows of the Night 4.25 [G. Moroder/T. Whitlock]
- Love Is Like Magic 4.23 [G. Moroder/T. Whitlock] (CD: Casablanca 846 413-2)
4 Nov 1991 || CDM/12" || Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) '91 |
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) '91 (3.35) [remix & add. production by Giorgio Moroder]
- Beethoven (I Love to Listen To) 4.49
- Shame 4.25
- This City Never Sleeps 6.20 (CD-maxi: RCA PD 42652/PD 45032)
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) '91 (House Mix by Giorgio Moroder) 3.33 / Sweet Dreams (Nightmare Mix by Dave Angel/Dave Dorrell) 7.26 //
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) '91 (Hot Remix by Giorgio Moroder) 5.18 / Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) '91 (12": PT 45032)
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) '91 [remix by Giorgio Moroder] 3.35
- Sweet Dreams (Nightmare Mix by Dave Angel/Dave Dorrell) 7.26
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) '91 (Hot Remix by Giorgio Moroder) 5.18
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) '91 (House Mix by Giorgio Moroder) 3.33 (German CD-maxi: RCA PD 45032)
11 Nov 1991 || European CD/LP || BONNIE TYLER: BITTERBLUE |
These four tracks produced and written by Giorgio Moroder.
- Keep Your Love Alive 4.25
- Heaven Is Here (duet with Giorgio Moroder) 4.40
- Love Is in Love Again 4.40
- Till the End of Time 4.04 (CD: Hansa 262 142)
This track produced by Giorgio Moroder. It was also released as a stand-alone single around the same time.
9 June 1992 || International coll-CD || OLIVIA-NEWTON JOHN: BACK TO BASICS - THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION 1971-1992 |
Sep (?) 1992 || German CDM/7"/12" || Koreana: Sail into the Sunset |
- Sail into the Sunset (Single Version) 3.44
- Eenie Meenie (Love Is Unbelievable) (Single Version) 3.30
- Sail into the Sunset (Extended Version)
- Eenie Meenie (Love Is Unbelievable) (Extended Version) (CD-maxi: Polydor, 863 681-2)
Sail into the Sunset 3.44 / Eenie Meenie (Love Is Unbelievable) 3.30 (7": 863 680-7)
All songs written by Giorgio Moroder/Tom Whitlock, produced by Giorgio Moroder.
7 Sep 1992 || non-stop remix CD || FOREVER DANCING |
- Carry On [Moroder/Waters]
- That's the Way
- I Can See You Dancing
- In the Name of Love
- Don't Leave Me This Way
- So Long
- Shame on You
- Born To Be Alive
- My Secret Wish
- Forever Dancing
- Shake Your Booty
- Boogie Oogie Oogie
- It's a Crime
- Let's Take the Night
- Samba si, trabajo no
- I Feel Love
- It's in the Book
- The Party Goes on (Virgin, 263 154)
Sep/Oct 1992 || German CDM/7"/12" || Giorgio Moroder featuring Donna Summer: Carry On |
- Carry On (Radio) 3.42
- Carry On (Extended) 5.30 [remix and additional production by Steve Bates]
- Carry On (Instrumental) 3.40 (CD-maxi: Virgin, 665 502)
Carry On 3.42 / Carry On (Instrumental) 3.40 (7": 115 502)
Carry On (Extended) 5.30 // Carry On (Radio) 3.42 / Carry On (Instrumental) 3.40 (12": 615 502)
23 Dec 1992 || movie || JACKPOT [a.k.a 'CYBER EDEN'] |
Italian/French movie, premiered in Italy 23 Dec 1992. Music by Giorgio Moroder. Released in 1993 as Cyber Eden in English parts of the world.
Not sure if there was ever a soundtrack CD.
4 Jan 1993 || German CDM || Corinna & Dirk: Gib niemals auf |
Thanks to Dan Magnusson for info. Music made for the TV series 'Als die Tiere den Wald verliessen' (UK-BBC: 'The animals of Farthing Wood').
Produced by Giorgio Moroder. It's three versions of the same song - sung in German and English and an instrumental version.
- Gib niemals auf 3.15 (Giorgio Moroder/Tim Stickelbrucks)
- (In my life) I Will Fight 3.16 (Giorgio Moroder/Grant Miller)
- (In my life) I Will Fight (Instrumental) 3.32 (Giorgio Moroder) (BMG/Ariola 74321 12825 2)
July ca 1993 || French non-stop remix CD || GIORGIO MORODER PROJECT: FOREVER DANCING |
Information from Guy Kerckhoven: "It contains one extra track at the end, titled '(Git Some) Hot Stuff (rap version)' and it lasts 3'20. It also has another (quite ugly) sleeve."
13 July 1993 || French CDM/12" || Forever Dancing - Special Medley |
The medley consists of Chase/That's The Way I Like It/Don't Leave Me This Way/Born To Be Alive/I Feel LoveChase (reprise).
- Forever Dancing - Special Medley (Extended mix) 6.15
- Forever Dancing - Special Medley (Single mix) 3.40
- Carry On 3.44 (CD-maxi: Virgin France 920502; 12": 920506)
Nov 1993 || International CD || ELTON JOHN: DUETS |
This track is produced (and the sequence programming is played) by Giorgio Moroder. Thanks to Moutoulatchimy Serge for the info.
- Don't Go Breaking My Heart 4.58
Feb 1994 || CDM || Elton John & RuPaul: Don't Go Breaking My Heart |
Thanks to Barry F Seidman for the information.
- Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Moroder 7" Edit Mix) 4.04
- Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Moroder 12" Remix) 4.17
30 May 1995 || US/Japanese remix CDM/12" || KMFDM: Juke-Joint Jezebel - The Giorgio Moroder Mixes |
- Juke-Joint Jezebel (Poly-Matrix Radio Edit Mix by Giorgio Moroder and Chris Cox) 4.17
- Juke-Joint Jezebel (Original Single Edit) 4.09
- Juke-Joint Jezebel (Metropolis Mix by Giorgio Moroder and Chris Cox) 4.29
- Juke-Joint Jezebel (Paradox Mix by Giorgio Moroder and Chris Cox) 5.15
- Juke-Joint Jezebel (Poly-Matrix X-Tended Mix by Giorgio Moroder and Chris Cox) 6.14
- Kraut (Non-album Track) 4.58 (US CD-maxi: Wax Trax! Records, TVT 8732-2)
10 Oct 1995 || US various artists CD || DMA DANCE vol. 1: EURODANCE |
This track produced by Giorgio Moroder and Chris Cox. Not sure if it was released elsewhere.
- T.A.X.I.: Get Ready 4 The Rhythm 3.36 (Cox/Johnson/Miller) (Interhit Records, 20151-2)
10 Nov 1995 || Gerrman CD || PRIME TIME HITS VOLUME 1 |
This CD contains 19 tracks that were used in commercials, but only the 3 listed here were written by Giorgio.
The track "Mercedes-Benz" consists of six short "fanfares" (Klassik Version, Klassik-Piano Version, Rock-Gitarren Version,
Rock-Sax Version, Soft Flute Version, Soft Oboe Version) about 30 seconds each in length.
Dan Magnusson, who gave me all of this info, told me that the front cover shows the rear of a Cizeta-Moroder car.
- Giorgio Moroder: Feel It (Nivea Shampoo)
- Giorgio Moroder: A Car Is Born (Cizeta-Moroder)
- Giorgio Moroder: Mercedes-Benz (Mercedes Benz AG Radio Image-Werbung) (CD: KIOSK/Bud Music CMP 62013)
Aug 1996 || German promo soundtrack CD-EP || Pepolino und der Schatz der Meerjungfrau |
A German movie that premiered 29 Aug 1996. The soundtrack is produced and written by Giorgio Moroder.
This is a very rare 4-track promotional CD-sampler. Thanks to Arkadiy B for info.
Rene Mensing told me 6 April 2016: "It's 4 versions of the same song - sung in German, English, English and German together and an instrumental version.
A lot of people think this is a soundtrack CD with 4 different tracks but it is only 4 versions of the same track."
- Eines Tages bist du Mein 3.18
- I Know Someday You'll Be Mine 3.18
- Eines Tages bist du Mein - I Know Someday You'll Be Mine 3.18
- (Instrumental) 3.18 (Karussell Musik 552 560-2/LC-0245)
Sep 1996 || UK/German CDM/12" || Heaven 17: Designing Heaven |
- Designing Heaven (Mies Van Der Rohe Mix - Giorgio Moroder's Subteranean 12") 5.43 [remix by Chris Cox/Giorgio Moroder]
- Designing Heaven (Venturi Mix - Giorgio Moroder's Vocal 12") 6.46 [remix by Chris Cox/Giorgio Moroder] (UK CD-maxi: WEA 078 CD2)
- Designing Heaven (Pei Mix) 4.54 [remix by Giorgio Moroder]
- Designing Heaven (Mies Van Der Rohe Mix) 5.43 [remix by Giorgio Moroder] (German CD-maxi: Eye Of The Storm, 0630 16333-2)
1997 || German CD || AUDIO PRÄSENTIERT: DUAL SUPER SOUND-TEST-CD |
These three tracks written and produced by Giorgio Moroder. Dan Magnusson, who gave me this info, told me that this rather odd
sound test CD contains 99 tracks, but only 5 are "normal regular" songs (these three plus Kate Price: The Labyrinth & Christy Baron: Ain't No Sunshine).
The rest of the "tracks" are sound tests ("Hörtest-, mess- und burn-in-signale").
- Giorgio Moroder feat. Cyndee Z.: I Can See You 3.15
- Giorgio Moroder feat. Cyndee Z.: I Can See You (Instrumental) 3.09
- Giorgio Moroder feat. Cyndee Z.: I Can See You (Dance Version) 3.16 (CD 27000961 X)
7 Aug 1998 || limited promotional CD || [MORODER & MORODER ART SHOW CD] |
All songs composed and produced by Giorgio Moroder.
(c) 1998 by GM Publishing.
Artwork & Music (p)(c) 1998 Giorgio Moroder Enterprises. Made in USA.
The CD has no cover. The back cover features the titles
only and the line 'For promotional use only'.
Only 100 CDs were handed out to journalists etc at Giorgio's own Pictures Art Exhibition Show in Bolanzo, Italy (7 Aug - 27 Sep 1998).
(See link on my main Moroder page.) Thanks to Paolo and Ilario for the information.
- For Francisca 4.43
- A Special Tree 6.36
- Vorticoso 3.42
- Rasciesa 3.16 (Traumerei Schumann, arr. G. Moroder/D. Hake)
- For Donna Summer 2.58
- Francisca's Lips 3.05
- The World in Which We Live 4.41 (DPRO 81004)
1999/2000 || French/UK CDM/12" || Mirwais: Disco Science |
Thanks to Julian Morey for the information.
- Disco Science (Giorgio Morder Blueprint Mix)
- Disco Science (Giorgio Morder 2000 Mix)
- Disco Science (Giorgio 2000 Dub Mix)
9/16 Aug 1999 || UK/European CDM || Texas: Summer Son |
- Summer Son (Giorgio Moroder Radio Mix) 3.39 [remix & add. production by G. Moroder/Tommy Schobel] (1st CD-Maxi: Mercury MERCD 520 / 562 275-2)
Thanks to Colin Linskey for the information. A review by Clive Hocker:
"The single is available on two different CDs. There is a Moroder track on each one.
The two Moroder mixes are of particular interest since they sound as if
Moroder is ‘going back to his roots’ with a Munich Machine-style string
section, a ‘four-on-the-floor’ disco rhythm section and a variety of vintage
analogue synthesiser sounds! The song itself is very catchy and (to me)
highly reminsiscent of Blondie’s ‘Atomic’ or Pat Benatar’s ‘We Live For
Love’ but it is NOT a Moroder composition."
- Summer Son (Giorgio Moroder Alternative 12") 5.13. [remix & add. production by Moroder/Schobel] (2nd CD-Maxi: Mercury MERDD 520 / 562 276-2)
Copyright (c) 1996-10-10 Jonas Wårstad.
Last update 1999-08-16.
[Back to main Moroder page]
[buy CDs/DVDs online]